Apple cider tonic. One of my favorite holiday flavors is a piping hot mug of spiced apple cider.
Cradling the mug in my hands while my wife and I watch snow falling gently outside is a wonderfully cozy experience.
Sadly, a lot of the apple cider available at the supermarket is loaded with added sugar, preservatives, and other junk that’s unkind to your waistline and health.
But did you know you can make your own apple cider at home that not only tastes great but also helps protect you against some of the most common holiday health woes?
It’s a simple recipe that takes mere minute to whip up and is sure to become one of your go-to holiday favorites!
How Apple Cider Vinegar Protects You
From Holiday Health Woes
Before sharing this simple and delicious recipe, here are three amazing ways apple cider vinegar can keep you feeling healthy during the holidays — or any time of year!
- Apple cider vinegar revs metabolism. Holiday weight gain is a serious worry for anyone looking to enjoy the delicious treats that only come around this time of year. Good news: Japanese researchers found that the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar switches on fat-burning genes — an effect that led subjects who sipped the tangy stuff daily shed 10 percent of their body fat in 6 weeks… despite eating a diet high in calories and fat! (1)
- Apple cider vinegar balances blood sugar. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar also slows down the release of carbs into the bloodstream, warding off blood sugar spikes after a big meal that can make you feel tired and moody. (2)
- Apple cider vinegar boosts immunity. Turns out apple cider vinegar a day also keeps the doctor away! Cal Orey in her book The Healing Powers Of Vinegar explores how apple cider vinegar can help prevent bacterial infection that makes you sick. (3)
Can you see why apple cider vinegar is one of our favorite superfoods and natural remedies?
Now here’s a quick, easy, and DELICIOUS way to get more of this tangy wonder-worker in your diet!
Body-Healing Apple Cider Tonic
Prep time: 3 mins Serves: 1
- 3/4 cup organic apple cider
- 1/4 cup organic orange juice
- 1 Tbs. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lemon slice
- Combine cider, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar in a microwave-safe mug.
- Heat for one and a half minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick, if desired.
- Sip and enjoy!
Recommended for you: 5 Health Foods That Pack On Pounds Of Belly Flab (don’t eat these!)