Pumpkin spiced latte recipe. Around this time every year, Starbucks rolls out a fan favorite drink that has quickly become part of America’s holiday tradition…
I’m talking of course about Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte — which the company describes as “espresso blended with the unmistakable spices of Fall” paired with “steamed milk, topped with delectably sweetened whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices”.
Makes my mouth water just reading about it!
pumpkin spiced latte recipe. Unfortunately, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is a sneaky source of calories and sugar: a grande (16 oz.) size with whole milk and whipped cream is loaded with 420 calories and a whopping 52 grams of sugar!
That’s one holiday tradition that will add inches to your waistline in a hurry.
Why not try our Pumpkin-Spiced Power-Up Latte instead?
It’s a breeze to make at home and it’s a healthier way to enjoy one of the signature tastes of the season!
A Healthier Alternative
To A Holiday Favorite
Before sharing this quick and easy recipe with you, let me give you three surprising pumpkin health facts:
- Pumpkin can increase your energy. Pumpkin is a powerful source of both magnesium and potassium: two miracle minerals that work together to convert blood sugar into energy.
- Pumpkin can boost your immunity. It’s the time of year for sniffles and sneezes and that makes pumpkin a smart food choice. Why? Because just 2 Tbs. of pumpkin puree provides 88 percent of the Daily Value of vitamin A, a nutrient that revs up production of sickness-squashing T cells!
- Pumpkin can ease your aches and pains. Thanks goes to pumpkin’s betacryptoxanthin, a plant compound that’s known to cool joint inflammation and promote the healing of damaged tissues. (1)
After reading that, do you agree with me that pumpkin is one of the more surprising superfoods out there?
Now here’s how to enjoy the health-benefits of this yummy fall food in a delicious, guilt-free Pumpkin-Spiced Latte!
Pumpkin-Spiced Power-Up Latte
Prep time: 2 mins Serves: 1
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee
- 2 Tbs. pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs. cashew milk, or coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream (if you’re feeling indulgent!)
- Combine coffee, pumpkin, milk and spice in a large heatproof serving mug.
- Microwave 1 minute or until hot.
- Carefully stir and top with whipped cream.
- Enjoy immediately!
Recommended for you: 5 Health Foods That Pack On Pounds Of Belly Flab (don’t eat these!)