Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up snacks. How awful would that be, right?
Next time you want to curl up with a movie or your Netflix queue, why not whip up a batch of our Sweet ‘n Spicy Popcorn?
It’s a delicious treat you’ll want to share with the whole family!
Sweet ‘n Spicy Popcorn
Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup pasture raised butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of chili pepper
- In a heavy pot on high heat, add the oil and 1 kernel of popcorn; then cover.
- When the kernel pops, add the rest of the kernels and cover.
- Carefully slide and shake the pot to evenly pop the kernels.
- Continue cooking until the popping slows down to 1 or 2 pops per second.
- Pour the popcorn onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly salt.
- Using the same pot, add the butter, maple syrup, and spices, and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it bubbles.
- Carefully pour over the popcorn, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl, toss with tongs, and serve immediately.