Fatigue. Brain fog. Anxiety.
These are just a few common symptoms that your body could be clogged with harmful toxins.
If you’re like me, you worry about toxins polluting your body. And no wonder! As Dr. Mark Hyman recently said, “Problems with detoxification form one root of illness. If you feel lousy, it’s likely you’re toxic.”
Toxins are everywhere.
Environmental scientists estimate that 80,000 toxic chemicals have been spewed into our environment in the last 150 years. And we’re only now beginning to understand the deadly consequences of this chemical stew.
We’re awash in a sea of poison. How can that not affect our health?
The Environmental Working Group reports that a baby born in America today will have an average of 287 known toxins in his or her umbilical cord blood. 
A baby has already been exposed to 287 toxins at birth. How many do you think you’ve been exposed to in the years you’ve been alive?
Do you think this may be one reason why so many people today struggle with sickness? Low-energy? Uncontrollable weight gain?
You bet it is!
The sad truth is that there are invisible toxins in the air we breathe. The water we drink. The foods we eat. Even the soap, shampoo, and cosmetics we use! And these toxins are poisoning our bodies in ways we don’t even realize.
That’s why I wanted to write this special article for you.
In this article you will discover:
- Common symptoms of chronic toxicity
- How toxicity leads to many of today’s deadliest diseases
- Why your body can no longer fight off toxins
- Hidden toxins that contribute to your body’s “total load”
- 5 simple ways to start detoxifying today
This is important, potentially health-transforming information. So let’s go ahead and jump right in.
Is Your Body Filled With Toxic Waste?
Your body is a homeostatic system.
That’s a fancy way for those of us in the medical profession to talk about the human body’s natural tendency to remain in balance.
An example of homeostasis you’re probably familiar with is the balance between acidity and alkalinity – your body’s pH balance.
Homeostasis is how your body maintains a balanced internal environment while the world around you changes. When your body is in proper balance you feel happy, healthy, and full of life.
But toxins can disrupt your body’s delicate balance like a rampaging elephant in a fine china shop!
Have dangerous toxins invaded your body?
Here is a list of some of the most common symptoms of chronic toxicity. If you suffer from any of these, keep reading! You’ll soon discover how to detoxify yourself and start feeling good again:
- Food cravings
- Muscle aches
- Joint pains
- Digestive problems (gas, constipation, diarrhea)
- Sleep problems
- Sinus congestion
- Trouble losing weight
- Skin problems
- Bad breath
- Dark circles under the eyes
Sound familiar? If you experience three or more of those symptoms you may need to detoxify. Before I explain how, let’s quickly look at what detoxification really is.
What Is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the natural process by which your body gets rid of waste. Remember earlier when I told you how your body’s ability to remain in balance was the key to good health? If toxins build up, it knocks your body out-of-balance. And you get sick.
So the trick is enhancing your body’s natural capacity to detoxify and get rid of waste. While at the same time reducing your exposure to toxins.
I cannot stress how important this is. Many of our modern world’s deadliest diseases are linked to toxicity. Here are just a few of the diseases you may be at risk for if you’re toxic:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Heart disease
- Digestive problems
How can so many different diseases be linked to toxicity? To understand that, I need to explain the concept of “total load” to you.
Why Your Body’s Detoxification System Gets Overloaded
I want you to imagine yourself standing in a large room with hundreds of boxes. Some of the boxes are big. Others are small. And they’re stacked from the floor to the ceiling.
As you’re standing there a man hands you one of those boxes (a blue one) and asks you to hold it. You’re happy to help out and take the blue box in your arms.
Soon, another man comes along and asks you to hold a red box. This second box is bigger and heavier than the blue box. You agree. But, you’re already straining under the increased weight.
Next thing you know, two more people show up and begin piling additional boxes into your arms. These rascals don’t even ask permission!
What do you think is going to happen if this keeps up?
Eventually, you won’t be able to handle any more boxes.
Your arms will go as limp as wet spaghetti noodles. And you’ll begin to lose your grip on your boxes. Your knees will buckle. You’ll fall over backwards. And your boxes will fly through the air as you tumble.
In this scenario it won’t take long before you reach your limit and can’t handle any more boxes.
This is an analogy for how “total load” works.
Total load is the total amount of stressors on your system at any given time. Think of these stressors like the boxes in the story above.
Stressors might be harmful additives in our food. Air pollution. Chemicals in our drinking water.
You can handle a few stressors at a time and maintain homeostasis. Some people can handle more stressors. Others fewer.
But as stressor after stressor piles up your body’s detoxification system gets overloaded. Ands then it gets overwhelmed. That’s when symptoms start showing up and your health takes a nosedive.
It may take months or even years of accumulated stress and toxins to get to that point. But unless we do something about these toxins they’ll eventually cause major problems for our health and well-being.
Here are a few of the factors that can contribute to your total toxic load:
- Eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) – If it comes in a bag or if you bought it at a fast food joint, chances are good it’s pumping your body full of toxins.
- Environmental toxins – Pollutants in our air, water, household cleaners, clothing, cosmetics, etc.
- Exposure to heavy metals, PCBs, pesticides and herbicides, and more junk that can make its way onto and into our food.
- Emotional toxins – Anger, jealousy, depression, loneliness, all of which can contribute to physical toxins in our bodies.
That’s a lot of toxins for our bodies to handle. Just picture yourself trying to balance an armful of heavy boxes that stretch all the way to the ceiling!
Now, because every body is unique, we all react to toxic overload differently.
For a small number of people, it doesn’t seem to have much of an affect on them. But for the majority of folks, it shows up as the symptoms and diseases we’ve talked about in this article.
5 Simple Ways to Start Detoxifying Today
You can begin detoxifying your body right now. Detoxification is not an immediate process. But most people will quickly feel a noticeable increase in energy and good health as toxins are purged from their body.
To start detoxifying now, follow these 5 simple steps:
- Drink fresh, pure water – Aim for at least as many daily fluid ounces as half your current weight. So, if you weigh 160 pounds, you’ll drink 80 ounces of water per day. That’s about 10 eight ounce glasses.
- Eat clean, healthy food – Feast on fresh organic fruits and veggies, as well as lean meat. A personal favorite food? Broccoli! Broccoli adds a satisfying crunch to salads and makes a good snack on its own. And they’re loaded with sulforaphane — a compound that studies show may help protect against cancer.
- Eliminate properly – You don’t need me to tell you that feces is crawling with toxins. So what do you think it does to your health when you aren’t eliminating once or twice a day? If you struggle to go, try adding more fiber to your diet. Flax seeds and leafy green vegetables are great options. I also recommend supplementing with a safe, all-natural laxative.
- Get moving – Did you know that most Americans sit an average of 13 hours per day? And we sleep 7 or 8 hours per night. That means we spend 20+ hours per day not moving. You’ve got to move! Movement stimulates the lymphatic system. One of the body’s most powerful ways to rid itself of waste. Make it a point to get 20 – 30 minutes of vigorous activity in at least 5 days a week.
- Relax – Relax deeply every day. Prayer and reading are two of my favorite choices. This will give your emotions and nervous system a much needed break.
Follow these five steps and you’ll set yourself on a path towards freedom from toxicity. It won’t happen overnight. But as you build these five steps into daily habits you’ll be amazed at how it improves your health and well-being.
Want to do even more to rid your body of toxins? Then you’ll want to try our…
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Elixir
If you want a fast, easy way to neutralize the toxins that make you sick, try this Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Elixir.
Apple cider vinegar is one of nature’s most potent detoxifying agents.
Apple cider vinegar can kill pathogens. It’s especially effective against the Candida fungus. 
In addition to detoxifying, apple cider vinegar stabilizes blood sugar levels and fights diabetes.  Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease.  And accelerates weight loss by making you feel full. 
I recommend drinking this Apple Cider Detox Elixir first thing in the morning. For best results drink this instead of eating breakfast.
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Elixir
Prep time: 2 mins Serves: 1
- 1 glass of filtered water (12 — 16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Blend all ingredients together.
Now It’s Your Turn
It’s true that we live in a highly toxic environment. And we all need to take special care to protect ourselves from this daily assault of harmful toxins. I hope this article gives you some ideas on how you can do that.
Your turn: Why do you think our environment has become so toxic? What are you doing to support your body’s natural detoxification process?
Did you find this article helpful? If so, please share it with friends and family by clicking on any of the social share icons (Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) you see below. I would really appreciate it!